X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post

The girlfriend basted the pleats and is ironing it back into shape as we speak, and then it’s hanging with some cedar wood and see if that will overpower it over time.
    Pressing, not ironing, I hope!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    Pressing, not ironing, I hope!
    Well, yes! Or at least ironing with a wet cotton rag and misting everything etc. Making sure we don’t have any direct contact with the wool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an old thread but I stumbled upon it and wanted to add a suggestion: ozone. You could rent a small ozone generator (they are often used to treat smelly cars) and put it in the same room as your kilt or any other smelly clothing. Should get rid of any nasty smells (provided the ozone gas was able to reach the smelly surface). I'm sure if you Google this you will find more detailed instructions.

Be sure not to be in the room while the ozone generator is running and air the room thoroughly after the generator has been switched off. You don't want to breath a high concentration of ozone for a long time.

I have not tried this myself but I know ozone smell removal works.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123