X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Louisville, Kentucky, USA (38 13' 11"N x 85 37' 32"W gets you close)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TNScotsman, there could be a group formed for discussion of Orders of Chivalry within the XMarks domain with off-forum discussions. There might be one already.

In the menu bar at the top to the right of 'Meet the Staff', there is a drop-down menu item called 'Community'. The first item under there is 'Groups'.

I can recall when the Groups function was first discovered, there was almost a stampede for creating discussion groups and a lot of forum traffic died down for a while, almost to the point that the groups were the main traffic for a short period. It appears they are still being utilized, but not to the extent that they once were.
    John

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to EagleJCS For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNScotsman View Post
    I'm interested in some details about the issue of Ghillie Brogues. The one time I've been able to wear my Prince Charlie so far it was with Ghillie Brogues because I was the best man in a wedding and that's what we were told to wear, so I wasn't making the decision.

From the discussion here, am I correct in the idea that Ghillie Brogues equate to wingtips with a suit, hence they work with Argyll jacket and/or waistcoat, and Prince Charlie should generally use oxfords that I would wear with a tuxedo? It will be a bit before I have my Prince Charlie on again, but there is a bit of a tradition of it at the evening Christmas Eve service we attend each year so am working to properly refine things and do it correctly. Without a bride dictating things I'll have the freedom to do it right!
    Personally, I don't own ghillie brogues and simply wear other shoes that I own while kilted. Some are oxfords and some are derbies, some with cap toes, some with broguing and some with both. Mostly I just choose whatever I feel like on a given day although I tend towards cap toes and oxfords for smarter events.

For formal events, I have a pair of cap toe oxfords from my military days that are highly polished that used to be my go to. Last year, I got a pair of buckle brogues that I plan to wear for higher end formal events in the future.

Shane

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to gsmacleod For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123