X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ligonier Highland Games or Celtic Fest

I would appreciate any insights the membership have on the Ligonier Highland Games and the Celtic Classic in Bethlehem, PA. I just moved to PA and might only be able to make it to one, not both of these events, being held on consecutive weekends in September. What can you tell me from firsthand experience? If you had to choose one, which would it be and why?

Thanking you in advance…

(accidentally called the Classic by wrong name in caption but can’t seem to change it)
    Last edited by Professor Mac X; 19th August 22 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to be one sided and therefore biased but, my wife and I have attended the Celtic Classic in Bethlehem, PA three times now and are planning to attend again this year. It is absolutely the best games we have ever attended. It's a huge venue and all the events are sanctioned and on the competition circuit. And... it's right in the center of downtown Bethlehem in a park on a river; it's just amazing! It attracts a lot of people but it's easy to get into and it's free.
    Put the Fairhill Games on your calendar for next May. It's in Elkton, MD (near you) and it's a wonderful games with sanctioned events (probably much like Ligonier) but not of the caliber of the Celtic Classic.
    Nile
    Simon Fraser fought as MacShimidh, a Highland chief… wrapped and belted in a plaid over the top of his linen shirt, like his ordinary kinsmen. He put a bonnet on his head, and stuck the Fraser emblem, a sprig of yew, in it. With the battle cry, A'Chaisteal Dhunaidh and the scream of the pipes, they charged to battle. "The Last Highlander" Sara Fraser

3. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Nile For This Useful Post: