X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Clan Drummond

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clan Drummond

I know this isn't specifically kilt-related, but having noticed that for the last two years our local Stone Mountain games have lacked Clan Drummond representation, I'm looking into any resources I can find.

Is anyone here a member of Clan Drummond? I'm wondering whether the society in North America is still active, and if there is any way to contact clan or association leadership. None of the contact information is current for the North American Clan Drummond society.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to JPS For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

Were you able to find any info from the book of faces, or the groups on there?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPanda View Post
    Were you able to find any info from the book of faces, or the groups on there?
    None, surprisingly. It seems that if there ever were any groups devoted to the clan, they're no longer active. Both email addresses on the clan society webpage bounce back as undeliverable. I know the founder of that organization passed away several years ago, and perhaps the clan society went with him.

I'm not of Clan Drummond, but my wife's familyl are Cargiles, and I find it a bit sad that they may be wholly unrepresented by any clan at all. It may come down to trying to revive interest myself, but it seems like an awfully big job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revival

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    None, surprisingly. It seems that if there ever were any groups devoted to the clan, they're no longer active. Both email addresses on the clan society webpage bounce back as undeliverable. I know the founder of that organization passed away several years ago, and perhaps the clan society went with him.

I'm not of Clan Drummond, but my wife's familyl are Cargiles, and I find it a bit sad that they may be wholly unrepresented by any clan at all. It may come down to trying to revive interest myself, but it seems like an awfully big job.
    If you need a #2, I'll gladly offer my services.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to CaptainPanda For This Useful Post:

JPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a Drummond and I too noticed a lack of Drummond representation. I looked up Clan Drummond LLC and looks like it is dissolved, but that is from a CT website. I was looking for representation in New England but nothing!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayzala View Post
    I'm a Drummond and I too noticed a lack of Drummond representation. I looked up Clan Drummond LLC and looks like it is dissolved, but that is from a CT website. I was looking for representation in New England but nothing!
    I'm exploring starting up the clan society again. I'll post my progress here, as soon as there is any.

9. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to JPS For This Useful Post: