X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highland Kilt Company

Has anyone had dealings with the Highland Kilt Company? I am looking for a PV kilt in Kennedy tartan, and they offer a VERY reasonably priced one. Would really like to hear from anyone who purchased one of their kilts.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't ordered from them, but their products look to be similar to the offerings from Affordable Kilts and UT Kilts.

I would expect it is not PV, but a polyester blend. I do see that they have a specific PV kilt line as well, but as it's 16oz - not the 12 or so which is made by MM - I question the material.

Just poking around the sight a bit, I see that their custom, Scottish-made kilts utilize 10oz cloth from Lochcarron. For most of us, 13-16oz would be the preference - this hints to me that they don't really know what they're doing.

Further, the fact that they're based in Wisconsin but clearly shipping a lot of products made in Asia hints to me that they are just another reseller of cheap import products.

If you want something to wear around the house, maybe do some yard work or go hiking, and there's something about this vendor that you really like, give it a whirl - you only have so much to lose here. Personally, I would avoid them like the plague.
    Last edited by KennethSime; 19th October 22 at 09:26 AM.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to KennethSime For This Useful Post: