X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Row Seats.....

For many, wearing a kilt in public requires a deep breath and the mustering of some intestinal fortitude. I am, however, curious to know if anyone posting here has been adventurous enough to wear a kilt to a comedy club and sit in the front row seats, ..... or any else equally brassy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Row Seats.....

For many, wearing a kilt in public requires a deep breath and the mustering of some intestinal fortitude. I am, however, curious to know if anyone posting here has been adventurous enough to wear a kilt to a comedy club and sit in the front row seats, ..... or any else equally brassy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Row Seats.....

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Front Row Seats.....

Quote Originally Posted by blu
    Got 5 bucks your on....

Never been to a comedy club but over this past month I certainly was in some pretty high profile settings in front of a lot of people in very public gatherings, but brassy? I will let others decide.. I was just wearing my kilt..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Got 5 bucks your on....

Never been to a comedy club but over this past month I certainly was in some pretty high profile settings in front of a lot of people in very public gatherings, but brassy? I will let others decide.. I was just wearing my kilt..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Got 5 bucks your on....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, no comedy clubs, does a topless biker bar count? Never had a problem 'cept keeping the girl's hands out of it.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, no comedy clubs, does a topless biker bar count? Never had a problem 'cept keeping the girl's hands out of it.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blu,

When I first read the subject line I thought that you got to sit in the front row. However about a year and half ago, I was invited to go to a comedy club, sat where I was definetly able to be seen, no comments from any of the comics. Of course the comedy was really bad, so I guess that might have been the reason. When it was over plenty of what the occasion questions, do you play the bagpipes and all the other questions we get.

Another time I was at a concert where one of the local Celtic bands was playing, and surprise it was mentioned that I was kilted and then he proceeded to ask all those questions in front of everyone. When it was over many and I do mean many guys came up to me and said that they wished that they had worn their kilts.

My favorite time was when I got a free lunch for being kilted, which I related in another thread awhile back, don't want to make Graham or Rufus jealous, so I will leave it at that.

I do go to city council meetings kilted, but no real big deal as nothing is said. It does however drive my city councilman crazy, thinks that I am infringing on his trademark of a cowboy hat, most everyone else thinks that it is cool, at least that is what they say off the record.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast