X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S.F. Bay Area - Weekly Kilt Night

Sometimes people want to socialize, but aren't into the bar scene or are too young to go bars. So I've had this idea kicking around in my head for a less booze-centric gathering of the kilted.

I'm proposing a weekly kilt night in Sunnyvale, California. There's a coffee shop, Coffee and More on the corner of Evelyn and Murphy were we can meet (kilted) on Tuesday evenings. The coffee shop is open until 8:00pm on weekdays, so I plan to be there no later than 6:00pm.

We can relax there for coffee, tea, beer, wine, sandwiches, pastries, etc. and discuss the kilting life without having to shout to be heard.

Those who are into it can also visit one or more of the three Irish pubs that are within a couple of blocks of the coffee shop. There are also several good restaurants on the same strip.

The coffee shop is across the street from the Sunnyvale CalTrain station where the fountain is at Murphy Square, so those of you who don't drive, or don't want to drive after drinking can take the train.

There's free parking in the Macy's lot at Sunnyvale Ave. and Washington (then walk down Murphy to Evelyn on the right-hand side).

There's also parking at the CalTrain station (Murphy Square Parking) which is closer, but I don't know if it's free.

I guess that's it.

See you Tuesday.

Rigged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes people want to socialize, but aren't into the bar scene or are too young to go bars. So I've had this idea kicking around in my head for a less booze-centric gathering of the kilted.

I'm proposing a weekly kilt night in Sunnyvale, California. There's a coffee shop, Coffee and More on the corner of Evelyn and Murphy were we can meet (kilted) on Tuesday evenings. The coffee shop is open until 8:00pm on weekdays, so I plan to be there no later than 6:00pm.

We can relax there for coffee, tea, beer, wine, sandwiches, pastries, etc. and discuss the kilting life without having to shout to be heard.

Those who are into it can also visit one or more of the three Irish pubs that are within a couple of blocks of the coffee shop. There are also several good restaurants on the same strip.

The coffee shop is across the street from the Sunnyvale CalTrain station where the fountain is at Murphy Square, so those of you who don't drive, or don't want to drive after drinking can take the train.

There's free parking in the Macy's lot at Sunnyvale Ave. and Washington (then walk down Murphy to Evelyn on the right-hand side).

There's also parking at the CalTrain station (Murphy Square Parking) which is closer, but I don't know if it's free.

I guess that's it.

See you Tuesday.

Rigged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that's it.

See you Tuesday.

Rigged

Mr. Kilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I won't be able to make it this week, but my wife and I are starting to think about vacation destinations for next summer. My vacation time will be the first 2 weeks of July.
    One of our ideas is riding the motorcycle down the pacific coast from Seattle to LA. I'd love to be able to meet some of my kilted brethren on the trip. Perhaps we can hit SF on the right day for your kilt night! I like the idea of not having it in a bar, too.

Mr. Kilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I won't be able to make it this week, but my wife and I are starting to think about vacation destinations for next summer. My vacation time will be the first 2 weeks of July.
    One of our ideas is riding the motorcycle down the pacific coast from Seattle to LA. I'd love to be able to meet some of my kilted brethren on the trip. Perhaps we can hit SF on the right day for your kilt night! I like the idea of not having it in a bar, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be great! Sunnyvale is near the southern end of the San Francisco Bay, about 45 minutes from San Francisco. One of my pleasures in life is to give folks a tour of the area. Let me know when you'll be around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be great! Sunnyvale is near the southern end of the San Francisco Bay, about 45 minutes from San Francisco. One of my pleasures in life is to give folks a tour of the area. Let me know when you'll be around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a reminder

The Tuesday kilt night is on again tonight in Sunnyvale. Also, we found a great Bavarian restaurant around the corner that serves traditional German food (saurbraten, shnitzel, etc.) and has some great beers including dopple bock wheat beers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast