X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random Memories 1

Anna once told me that Gaelic speakers from other places made fun of Leodhasachs because they..have..to stop..and..take.a..breath.. between.. every..word. (And if you read that with just the slightest Scandinavian accent you will get a pretty good sense of what she sounded like.)

Not first time in boat - Murchadh in Croir had a house by East Loch Roag. He had a small rubber row boat. Once A was over working off a rock. I was in the boat with a board or something. One end was on shore with A, while the other was on the boat with me. I was rowing to keep station in the low chop so the the end A was working would stay in place. I must have done pretty well, because An told me later the Murdo said to him "That's not the first time he was in a boat."

Little Bernera - Rowing Murchadh's boat over to Little Bernera. It was a gorgeous late afternoon, with sun and blue sky. There was a small cemetery there, and the walls of an old chapel. The ground was mostly sand. So very quiet except for the breeze.
    Last edited by DCampbell16B; 2nd May 24 at 11:46 AM.
    "There is no merit in being wet and/or cold and sartorial elegance take second place to common sense." Jock Scot