X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three kilts for sale. Price drop on remaining kilts.

Price drop for kilts

Due to many factors I am reluctantly selling a few of my kilts and kit. Ever since covid along with retirement into country living I have not worn kilts much. My norm right now is work pants and a chain saw. We also don't go out, covid, so I have had few opportunities to wear a kilt. Everything I have is in good to excellent condition, I'll be honest about any issues. I do have cats though they never lay around on any of my kit, most of my wool was hung in travel bags with cedar shavings or lavender for moth protection. I'll state shipping prices using USPS flat rate boxes and will only ship to the lower 48. Thank you for your consideration, I'll check back often for responses.

Jacket and waistcoat sold

First offerings are 2 "The Kilt" from Heritage of Scotland. They are Stewart Black tartan, size 36 waist with 24 inch length. These are 8 yard heavy 16oz poly-viscose kilts with nice weight and drape to them. They have seen very little use, perhaps 4-5 wearings each. They are in excellent condition. Right now Heritage of Scotland is offering these same kilts on sale at 75$ regular 160$. I would like 55$ each plus 17$ USPS medium box shipping, total 72$. I have two for offer at that price.
    New price 45$ plus the shipping, 62$ total.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stewartblack1.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	42200

Name:	stewartblack2.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	249.8 KB 
ID:	42201

The third kilt I have to offer is a Stillwater Kilts standard kilt. It is 36 waist 24 inch length made of 7-8 yards of acrylic fabric. This kilt doesn't have near the weight or drape of poly-viscose and will in time get some acrylic fabric nap. I've worn this maybe 8 time, usually as a pub kilt. I consider it in good shape though there is a little bit of acrylic nap. It is a Weathered Mackenzie tartan and is still offered by Stillwater Kilts for 90$. Because it isn't poly-v or wool I only want 30$ plus 17$ for mail. This is a great way to see if you like a kilt without spending a bunch of money.
    New price 20$ plus shipping 37$

Name:	WM1.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	221.5 KB 
ID:	42202

My next offering is a charcoal grey Braemar jacket and vest. If I remember correctly I bought the jacket from member O C Richard, I do no remember who I bought the vest from. The jacket matches what is offered on Heritage of Scotland. No matter how I tried to match the true color the photos don't do well. It is a true charcoal grey wool tweed with the faux staghorn buttons found on most jackets of this kind. I wear in between a 46-48 jacket and this one fits my shoulders well(photo included). From seam to seam across the back shoulders is 19 inches and from shoulder seam to cuff is 37. I have longer arms, 36-37 in shirts, and this jacket fit me fine. I have worn this jacket and vest only once. Both were in as new condition when I bought them so you are getting a combination in excellent condition. This combination is made out of very high quality wool and will need a nice steam pressing when you get it, I will do my best to pack it well in a USPS box. Heritage of Scotland sells the jacket alone for over 700$ on sale right now for 290$ I would like to get 250% shipping included in the price for the combination. This is a classy set up. Jennifer and I went to "Book of Mormons" musical and the head usher smiled at us and said we look mighty sharp. I think I had my German Heritage kilt and this jacket combo on.

Jacket and waistcoat sold

Name:	jacket2.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	42203

Name:	jacket3.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	42204

Name:	jacket4.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	233.6 KB 
ID:	42205

Name:	jacket5.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	42206

Name:	vest1.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	42207

Last offering is for you do it yourself types like myself. If you are a tailor or seamstress you may be interested in the old Simplicity 5029 Kilt, Jacket and Shoulder Fly pattern. This is and older out of print pattern that is few and far between. I recently saw the set of xs-s-m size and lg-xlg selling for 45$ each. You can easily read opinions of this pattern by members here by searching Simplicity 5029, they run the gamut of like to dislike. Though not a true Price Charlie or Breamar it is a decent jacket if you have the desire to do your own. I have made one for myself out of heavy coat wool changing some of the design to look the way I wanted it to. I have 5 Lg-Xlg and one XS-S-M uncut patterns I would like to sell. I had bought them some years ago when I was sewing more, big plans of using them. I would like to get 25$ shipping included for each of them.

Name:	kiltpatterns.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	42208

I am flexible with payment. I do use paypal but will also accept a check or cash. PM me here if interested, I will check back daily. Thank you.
    Paul
    Last edited by brewerpaul; 26th May 23 at 01:12 PM.
    "Greater understanding properly leads to an increasing sense of responsibility, and not to arrogance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Braemar Jacket

Is the jacket still available?

Many thanks!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacConnachie View Post
    Is the jacket still available?

Many thanks!!
    Yes the jacket and vest is still available please PM me if interested, Thanks
    "Greater understanding properly leads to an increasing sense of responsibility, and not to arrogance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the kilts still available?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokerr2163 View Post
    Are the kilts still available?
    Greetings, Yes all the kilts are still for sale. PM me if interested
    Last edited by brewerpaul; 13th January 23 at 10:13 AM.