X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost my Balmoral in Victoria, BC

Just on the off chance that an XMarks member might have found it:
    I was in Victoria ( as a Father’s Day treat from my elder daughter), Sunday June 18 ( until the 21st), and lost my Balmoral; it probably fell out my fleece vest pocket, either someplace in Victoria’s Chinatown, or on the walk back to Spinnaker brew pub, via the Johnston street bridge, and along the walkway next to the E&N rail right-of-way. Dark blue ( with a hint of green in the yarn) custom knit wool, with a dark blue crosgrain ribbon threaded through the rim, usually tied into a bow, in the back. If a member found it, I would really love to get this custom made wool, felted, Balmoral bonnet back, and would gladly pay the postage ( plus a token reward, of $20) for its return.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 2.24.51 PM.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	42741 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blue:green Balmoral.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	42742
    Last edited by jhockin; 28th June 23 at 02:26 PM.
    waulk softly and carry a big schtick

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada (OCONCAN)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Victoria, haven't found it, but would be happy to help you get it back. Is there anything you'd like me to do to help?
    "Touch not the cat bot a glove."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While participating in the Victoria Highland Games, my band lost not one, but several glengarries. They were stolen overnight along with a few other small items out of our closed up pop-up tent after we had left on the Saturday evening. (The Victoria Highland Games are a two-day event.) The quartermaster had brought them to the games for a couple of our growing younger members to try on in place of ones that they had outgrown. I've been participating in highland games with pipe bands for more than sixty years--indeed, for a good many years they were a weekly event during the summer--and this is the first such occurrence in my personal experience. Bands routinely leave a lot of their equipment unsupervised while they perform in competition and massed bands. This demonstrates a lot of trust towards our fellow pipers and drummers. There was overnight security at the Victoria games, but this consisted really of a couple of security guards who walked around the rather extensive venue, which would have been mostly in darkness, especially around the band area located at the far edge of the park. Lesson learned: next year we will leave nothing in the tent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try posting a "Lost/Reward" advertisment on Kijiji or the local F@cebook Marketplace. Of course beware the scammers that will invariably reply looking for the $$

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhran4me View Post
    You could try posting a "Lost/Reward" advertisment on Kijiji or the local F@cebook Marketplace. Of course beware the scammers that will invariably reply looking for the $$

Good luck!
    Thanks. I already posted on the Victoria lost & found page, and contacted the local police department. No joy.
    waulk softly and carry a big schtick