X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who are these people

While watching several videos on YouTube showing the arrival of HM king Charles III and Queen Consort Camila there seems to be large group of people who chant "not my king." Who are these people ? I know there is a part of the UK populace who do not want the monarchy at all, or are these the people who hold a grudge against the king for what happened to princess Dianna or do they just have a general dislike for HM ? I know the rabble will have the answer. Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted redleg View Post
    While watching several videos on YouTube showing the arrival of HM king Charles III and Queen Consort Camila there seems to be large group of people who chant "not my king." Who are these people ? I know there is a part of the UK populace who do not want the monarchy at all, or are these the people who hold a grudge against the king for what happened to princess Dianna or do they just have a general dislike for HM ? I know the rabble will have the answer. Thanks
    I think this could get very political very quickly. Perhaps better to search for your answers elsewhere than XMarks. Probably wise to just leave this topic alone. Consider this a warning shot across the bow.

Father Bill
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

3. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The curiosity is understandable, but very wise words from Father Bill.

5. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to TNScotsman For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don’t think this group is a political entity at all. They are just a very vociferous minority of a minority who just happens not to like the King for whatever reason. As is their right, however their behaviour leaves rather a lot to be desired.
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 14th July 23 at 09:17 PM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

7. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They belong to a group called the Alliance of European Republican Movements - https://www.aerm.org/about

9. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to figheadair For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by figheadair View Post
    They belong to a group called the Alliance of European Republican Movements - https://www.aerm.org/about
    Our world has so many things to protest about, things that kill people, things that damage our planet, and they chose this?
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First let me thank everyone for their kindness in answering my inquiry. Sometimes I revert back to my former life as a cop and ask questions "because I wanna know." Thanks to Fr. Bill for the sage advice and kindness in direction, also thanks to Peter for the direction of looking up the group. Jock Scot - "much to be desired" - a kindness undeserved and to fellow piper OC Richard nail on the head "with all that happens in the world, this person HM annoys you that much." Perhaps the UK should invoke that old US axiom "IF THIS ANNOYS THAT MUCH, THEN LEAVE."
    Again thanks Fr. Bill my intent was not to kick the hornets nest I apologize.

12. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to kilted redleg For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ......... Jock Scot - "much to be desired" - a kindness undeserved
    British understatement, old boy, just British understatement.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.