X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

touches of tartan in my wedding

I just remembered that I meant to share pictures from my wedding in October... and now it's almost been a year It's not much, but not many people in my close circles will appreciate tartan like the fine people here do.

My husband and I were trying to decide on our colors when planning our wedding last year and he said "red, white and blue" as a joke (we are both very patriotic)... the joke turned into "we could actually make that work." So we did just that and were so happy with how it turned out. I didn't care to light a unity candle, pour sand, or any of the usual acts of unity and wanted something different, so when my husband agreed to do a handfasting (after I explained it) I was ecstatic! I ordered a yard of the United States St. Andrews tartan from Lochcarron and sewed us a handfasting cloth. I also made my garter out of the same fabric and we used the leftover piece of tartan as a table accent.

I loved the touches of tartan and Scottish heritage we were able to add to our wedding. Thank you for letting me share it here!

Link to photos: https://postimg.cc/gallery/MvFvmkK
    Rebecca (Becky) Deckard
    American descendant of Irish and Scottish pioneers
    member of Daughters of the American Revolution
    member of Clan Guthrie USA

2. The Following 11 Users say 'Aye' to AlabamaCelticLass For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mind me asking where in Alabama you are from. I used to live in Chelsea. My son still does and my daughter lives in B,ham.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stickman View Post
    Do you mind me asking where in Alabama you are from. I used to live in Chelsea. My son still does and my daughter lives in B,ham.
    I live between Anniston and Gadsden.
    Rebecca (Becky) Deckard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, I used to work in field service. Worked in Anniston and Gadsden.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see your user name in use. And remember, nearly a year since October means it's getting close to the Stone Mountain Games. We'll hope to see you here.

Thanks for letting us know you actually did it, and neither had run off to Brazil or some such. We'll have to find a replacement venue for our Burns supper so we can
    see you more than once a year.

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    Good to see your user name in use. And remember, nearly a year since October means it's getting close to the Stone Mountain Games. We'll hope to see you here.

Thanks for letting us know you actually did it, and neither had run off to Brazil or some such. We'll have to find a replacement venue for our Burns supper so we can
    see you more than once a year.
    Hello, friend! We are definitely attending the games this year and looking forward to it! We already have our hotel reserved and tickets to the games in hand. I was just getting on here today to see if anyone in our group had started a discussion about Stone Mountain over in the Highland Games thread, and if there are plans for a Friday evening meet-up like we used to do. I will head over to that thread and start the conversation if no one else has.
    Rebecca (Becky) Deckard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your marriage, and thank you for sharing your photos. It looked like a lovely day.