X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Status of Celtic Croft?

Does anyone know what may be going on with The Celtic Croft?
    They have not been responding to correspondence as of late.
    I know they were moving last month
    hoping they are just really busy and that everything is ok.

Cheers,

Kelly

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldscubaguy View Post
    Does anyone know what may be going on with The Celtic Croft?
    They have not been responding to correspondence as of late.
    I know they were moving last month
    hoping they are just really busy and that everything is ok.

Cheers,

Kelly
    I hope everything is ok, also. I 'special ordered' kilt hose (3-8 weeks for delivery) 7 weeks ago.
    Allen Sinclair, FSA Scot
    Eastern Region Vice President
    North Carolina Commissioner
    Clan Sinclair Association (USA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Celtic Croft

The Celtic Croft has been moving. We are out of our previous warehouse/offices and have been setting up our new warehouse/offices. We apologize for the lack of communication. It's been all hands on deck setting up the warehouse. We are getting settled in and should be back up to our full potential this month. Everyone's support and patience is truly appreciated.

My direct email is lorie@thecelticcroft.com, please let me know how I can help.

Kind regards,
    Lorie Croft
    Lorie Croft

4. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to Lorie Croft For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorie Croft View Post
    The Celtic Croft has been moving. We are out of our previous warehouse/offices and have been setting up our new warehouse/offices. We apologize for the lack of communication. It's been all hands on deck setting up the warehouse. We are getting settled in and should be back up to our full potential this month. Everyone's support and patience is truly appreciated.

My direct email is lorie@thecelticcroft.com, please let me know how I can help.

Kind regards,
    Lorie Croft
    Wonderful to hear!!
    I have my eye on more of your stuff!!

Thank you for being there
    Cheers

Itsivxx is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my first Wales Kilt from them (Phillips)..arrived 14 weeks after it was ordered. Two days later had to send it back...they seemed to have forgotten to put my second strap on. I bet I contacted them 8 to 10 times with only one response. I was told they was in the process of moving into a new shop so we have to suffer. NEVER again will I buy another from them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsivxx View Post
    I bought my first Wales Kilt from them (Phillips)..arrived 14 weeks after it was ordered. Two days later had to send it back...they seemed to have forgotten to put my second strap on. I bet I contacted them 8 to 10 times with only one response. I was told they was in the process of moving into a new shop so we have to suffer. NEVER again will I buy another from them
    Just a question.
    You do know that Welsh tartan kilts are made with two straps and not three?
    Scots tradition is that a kilt has three straps, (Although that has been slowly changing very recently).
    It is very much like the Prince Charley vs the Brian Barou jackets. At first glance they appear the same, but on closer inspection there are subtle differences.

The Welsh and Irish tartans are a much more recent addition to our kilted brethren's fashion palete and have little to no historic tradition. (The Welsh tartans first being registered in the year 2000).

I must report that I recently purchased a Holy Rood kilt and biased cut waistcoat. It did take longer than usual, I called and was informed that they were in the process of moving shop. I immediatly put the arrival of the items out of my mind. I have been through that ordeal as a "Mom and Pop" business and would not wish it on anyone.
    Commissioner of Clan Strachan, Central United States.

Itsivxx is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedgunner View Post
    Just a question.
    You do know that Welsh tartan kilts are made with two straps and not three?
    Scots tradition is that a kilt has three straps, (Although that has been slowly changing very recently).
    It is very much like the Prince Charley vs the Brian Barou jackets. At first glance they appear the same, but on closer inspection there are subtle differences.

The Welsh and Irish tartans are a much more recent addition to our kilted brethren fashion palette and have little to no historic tradition. (The Welsh tartans first being registered in the year 2000).

I must report that I recently purchased a Holy Rood kilt and biased cut waistcoat. It did take longer than usual, I called and was informed that they were in the process of moving shop. I immediately put the arrival of the items out of my mind. I have been through that ordeal as a "Mom and Pop" business and would not wish it on anyone.
    When I ordered my Welsh Phillips of Wales Cilt the ad stated three straps, when it arrived it came with two. After contacting them I had to send it back and they installed the 3rd strap, they didn't act to happy about this and after sending it in it was almost 3 weeks to get it back.
    I will never order from them again
    Last edited by Itsivxx; 13th November 23 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Celtic Croft

I have know the Celtic Croft for over 20 years and purchased many items from them Including my first kilt that I still wear and it was purchased in the late 90's early 2000's. Even back then it took a good 12 -14 weeks.

If you wanted something quick or a low quality product you can go to a mall and get it, but for something that is hand made and of good quality it takes time. In the end they did honor your request to add a strap even though they normally do not come with 3, this also takes time as it is not a simply sew one on. It must be altered to work with the third strap and to be honest I think 3 weeks is very reasonable. Some companies would have simply said that is the way it comes and told you to deal with it.

I do question if it was someone at the shop that actually told you to suffer or if that was just the emotion you felt due to the delay, as that is not the Joseph and Laurie I know and I am 100% positive they would never say that.

You of course have every right not to purchase from them again, I for one will not stop purchasing from them as I in over 20 years of buying have never had an issue.