X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPanda View Post
    The wife and I will be attending both Saturday and Sunday. Is anyone planning to attend the ceilidh on Saturday night? @JPS
    I'm already polishing my dancing shoes!

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to JPS For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highland Games in Clayton, GA tomorrow

I realize this is very short notice, but Clayton, GA is hosting their 2nd annual highland games tomorrow. This is a charity event and just getting started. We will be going up for the day. The event is titled as the North Georgia Highland Games for Charity. You can learn more about it at the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/p/North-Geo...0083167159281/

Cheers,

David
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Grouch Marx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiltedsawyer View Post
    I realize this is very short notice, but Clayton, GA is hosting their 2nd annual highland games tomorrow. This is a charity event and just getting started. We will be going up for the day. The event is titled as the North Georgia Highland Games for Charity. You can learn more about it at the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/p/North-Geo...0083167159281/

Cheers,

David

How were the games? Hated we couldn't make it up but I certainly plan on blocking the dates next year.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

North Georgia Highland Games

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPanda View Post
    How were the games? Hated we couldn't make it up but I certainly plan on blocking the dates next year.
    The games were of course small, (second year,) but well organized. I am told the first year they had representation from two clans, this year there were eleven. Athletic events were well attended with both professional and amateur athletes. Two food vendors, a beer tent, and some local crafts folks selling their wares. Lots of friendly people of course. I look forward to going again next year and seeing the progress.
    Cheers,

David
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Grouch Marx

6. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to kiltedsawyer For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creag View Post
    Iron Horse Tavern in historic downtown Norcross looks good for Friday night.
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/EDwSzRGGaSCsu92M8

Or The Brass Tap in Dunwoody.
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/Dm17UKbZHdeuaa7w9
    Either can work, though 285 can be ugly at that time on a Saturday. Iron Horse is timewise about the same distance from the mountain as the Conyers Tavern. Finally reached Jim,
    he probably won't make Friday night but hopes to make the games. I wrote this post last week, but it doesn't seem to be on the thread, so here's an edited version. And since
    Murray's group are doing 2 PM, maybe we could shoot for 1:30 at the Museum booth or at the tartan forest just before or just after the K&C photo. Maybe some cross-pollination?

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    Either can work, though 285 can be ugly at that time on a Saturday. Iron Horse is timewise about the same distance from the mountain as the Conyers Tavern. Finally reached Jim,
    he probably won't make Friday night but hopes to make the games. I wrote this post last week, but it doesn't seem to be on the thread, so here's an edited version. And since
    Murray's group are doing 2 PM, maybe we could shoot for 1:30 at the Museum booth or at the tartan forest just before or just after the K&C photo. Maybe some cross-pollination?
    Sounds good to me, the "Traditional Kilters" facebook group has already lumped in for a meet-up at the same time.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, lasses and lads - are we an Aye for Iron Horse Tavern in Duluth for Friday night?

Also, meeting up at the Tartans Museum tent between 1ish and 2ish on Saturday?
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaCelticLass View Post
    Stone Mountain Highland Games in Georgia is quickly approaching! Is anyone else planning on going? I know Michael (@tripleblessed) always does- how about the rest of our usual group, and anyone else?
    @thescot @Wareyin @rebelrouser @kiltedsawyer @Creag

And are we planning on the Friday night revelry? Does that still happen at The Celtic Tavern in Conyers?

I look forward to my husband Chris getting to finally meet y'all, and he has his kilt ready! We are very excited, especially since I haven't been since 2019. Can't wait to hear who all is coming.

Becky
    @Wareyin, @rebelrouser, @thescot, @kiltedsawyer, @AlabamaCelticLass

Iron Horse in Duluth Friday night? Kilts or nae?
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be at the games Saturday! I should be able to make a 1-2ish picture, but I will not be up for driving out Friday evening, sadly. If I lived on that side of town...

13. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Wareyin For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The K&C and Trad Kilters groups are meeting at the tartan forest at 2pm (Sat and Sun). Do you guys want to meet up there at the same time or at the Tartan Museum Tent at like 1/1:30 (Sat only due to tartan parade on Sunday)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast