X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderful visit to Rocky's store and I love my wife...

My wife and I ventured on two road trips this fall. The first was out west, a bucket list trip, to visit states not visited before. I completed the last four I needed to complete the "lower 48" and my wife got to see 10 of the last 12 she needs. The trip was 23 days, covered 6,400+ miles and I did wear a kilt every day. I switched off between my favorite USA Kilts' American Heritage Casual and my Amerikilt. There was only one day I donned a pair of shorts for part of the day.

On the way back east we visited the Mall of America, surprisingly found a kilt store (GotKilt) where my wife bought me a new utility kilt (because my Amerikilt is showing serious wear - like an old pair of jeans fraying at the edges).

The next phase of our travels - leaving a week after our return from the northwest - was a 9 day trip to Maine, chalking up another 1,800+ miles. We visited friends in Eastport, ME for a few days, made it into Canada, went for a plane ride and then explored a bit on the trek home.

On the last homeward-bound day we stopped at USA Kilts. I had been there twice before but my wife had never visited. She was impressed with the store and the personable staff we met there. She told me I NEED TO ORDER TWO KILTS (in colors she really liked). Of, course, not being one to argue with the better half, I complied. Matt was kind enough to recheck my measurements and then used their computer to place the order.

In summary, we had a wonderful pair of road trips this Fall and my wife bought me three new kilts. I have been wearing the Utility Kilt a lot and am eagerly awaiting the two new casual kilts from USA Kilts (hopefully here before Christmas).

If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.

2. The Following 8 Users say 'Aye' to Couper For This Useful Post: