X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LG's Levee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    Particularly as the chap in the picture was an accomplished piper, therefore he is from the entertainment part of Highland attire and the Gilbert.......er umm theatrical world and it was accepted attire for him.
    Indeed, John D. Burgess was known not only for his exceptional piping ability, but also for his often flamboyant highland outfits.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imrichmond View Post
    Indeed, John D. Burgess was known not only for his exceptional piping ability, but also for his often flamboyant highland outfits.
    Not only "...flamboyant highland outfits" but flamboyantly highland...."
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good pipe major was perhaps in "the Gilbert.......er umm theatrical world", as a musician (not to start another debate), as are many also in the fine arts; music, performance (drama, dance) and art (with architecture subclass). My own fine art is art itself, two dimensional.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	577428_10150707967667828_1557413433_n.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	43341
    This is Mt Rundle, viewed from the lakes to the west of Banff, Banff National Park. The smaller rounded mountain is Tunnel Mounting, or Sleeping Buffalo. The mountain, which could be called a small mountain range, runs from Banff some 10 kms to it's eastern end overlooking the community of Canmore, Alberta.
    My paintings are mainly of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, with a particular affinity to Mt Rundle, as I was lucky to have attended high school in Banff.
    Last edited by Glen; 21st March 24 at 12:33 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Glen For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Dimensional

Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    The good pipe major was perhaps in "the Gilbert.......er umm theatrical world", as a musician (not to start another debate), as are many also in the fine arts; music, performance (drama, dance) and art (with architecture subclass). My own fine art is art itself, two demential.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	577428_10150707967667828_1557413433_n.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	43341
    This is Mt Rundle, viewed from the lakes to the west of Banff, Banff National Park. The smaller rounded mountain is Tunnel Mounting, or Sleeping Buffalo. The mountain, which could be called a small mountain range, runs from Banff some 10 kms to it's eastern end overlooking the community of Canmore, Alberta.
    My paintings are mainly of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, with a particular affinity to Mt Rundle, as I was lucky to have attended high school in Banff.
    Your work is amazing! I have visited that part of the world on several occasions and have a great appreciation for the scenery and landscape painting as well. Very well done Sir!

Cheers,

David
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Grouch Marx

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to kiltedsawyer For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234