X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: UTKilts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face UTKilts

I've heard good things about the company and the owner but does anyone have any experience with them? I have one on the way and it's been on it's way for almost 9 weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nine weeks seems a bit long unless the kilt was to a custom size. They should respond to an email if you have a concern about the production time.

I have had three of their Utility Kilts for a few years. I like them - comfortable, good fabric and decent workmanship.

If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Couper View Post
    Nine weeks seems a bit long unless the kilt was to a custom size. They should respond to an email if you have a concern about the production time.

I have had three of their Utility Kilts for a few years. I like them - comfortable, good fabric and decent workmanship.

It is a custom size and I can't wait for it but I just wanted to know the general consensus on the company before I consider ordering another

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They seem a bit hit or miss with customer service. My son ordered a Buchanan Hunting from them and didn't have to wait more than a couple weeks. On the other hand, a man I met wearing an "angels share" tartan kilt that was ordered from UTKilts strongly and repeatedly advised me to take my business elsewhere. He claimed to have had an extremely long wait after paying, with very little communication from the store. If I recall, it was half a year or more that he said he had to wait, but this conversation took place a year ago amidst a few beers so I'm not certain as to the details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wareyin View Post
    They seem a bit hit or miss with customer service. My son ordered a Buchanan Hunting from them and didn't have to wait more than a couple weeks. On the other hand, a man I met wearing an "angels share" tartan kilt that was ordered from UTKilts strongly and repeatedly advised me to take my business elsewhere. He claimed to have had an extremely long wait after paying, with very little communication from the store. If I recall, it was half a year or more that he said he had to wait, but this conversation took place a year ago amidst a few beers so I'm not certain as to the details.

Thank you much

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the features of this forum is the search box found in the upper right. Do a search on UTKilts and you will find plenty of "opinions". I have a sporran and a kilt I purchased from Brice a number of years ago when he was an advertiser here. I believe his advertising privileges were revoked for numerous violations. You may find more info with your search.
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne