X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurKiltsmen View Post
    Because the post wasn’t meant to be discussing that at all, read the original post.

It’s more like wearing two coats over each other or a cape over a coat imo but ok.
    The way I read your original post, you and your brother were disagreeing on whether trousers under the kilt was right or wrong. He may have other issues with kilts and Scotland, but this is the main issue you posted. Then you asked how to deal with him. Given that the trouser thing was the front-and-center issue, I'm unclear as to how you figured it wasn't meant to be discussed.

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Tobus For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dawg View Post
    I am guessing with confidence that if you were to wear shorts today, you would not wear trousers under them. If you want to start a new thread, have at it. But do tell us what is really bothering you.
    The only thing that’s bothering me is how I prefer to wear the clothes I spent my money on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d rather have that then sexual harassment
    In my 20ish years of wearing a kilt, I can count on 0 hands the number of times I’ve been sexually harassed while/for being kilted. Maybe it’s because 9 times out of 10 I have my bagpipes with me, but even when I don’t, I’m only ever meat with interest and curiosity (weirdest non-The Question question I ever had while kilted was “are you a dancer” from some middle-aged guy at a grocery store)

I know others have dealt with some, but wearing a kilt without trousers isn’t a guarantee of being sexually harassed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YOJiMBO20 View Post
    *snip* wearing a kilt without trousers isn’t a guarantee of being sexually harassed.
    .... Darn!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my 20ish years of wearing a kilt, I can count on 0 hands the number of times I’ve been sexually harassed while/for being kilted. Maybe it’s because 9 times out of 10 I have my bagpipes with me, but even when I don’t, I’m only ever meat with interest and curiosity (weirdest non-The Question question I ever had while kilted was “are you a dancer” from some middle-aged guy at a grocery store)

I know others have dealt with some, but wearing a kilt without trousers isn’t a guarantee of being sexually harassed.
    At least they’d find trousers up there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using trousers to mean a bifurcated garment that fully covers both legs (what we call pants on this side of the Atlantic), or to mean underwear (what you call pants on your side of the Atlantic)? Because trousers would be seen even without looking up someone’s kilt because they fully cover your legs, even past the mid-knee, where a kilt usually ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By trousers, do you mean these?

https://www.nordstrom.com/browse/men...yStyle=trouser

Or these?

https://www.fruit.com/fruit-of-the-l...erwear/briefs/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using trousers to mean a bifurcated garment that fully covers both legs (what we call pants on this side of the Atlantic), or to mean underwear (what you call pants on your side of the Atlantic)? Because trousers would be seen even without looking up someone’s kilt because they fully cover your legs, even past the mid-knee, where a kilt usually ends.
    The former

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been on a variety of internet forums for a long time and this is one of the strangest threads I've ever seen. To the OP, if this was a troll, well done. You certainly hooked many.

12. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to gsmacleod For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmacleod View Post
    I have been on a variety of internet forums for a long time and this is one of the strangest threads I've ever seen. To the OP, if this was a troll, well done. You certainly hooked many.
    As a victim of many internet trolls over the years, I can tell you one thing.

I wouldn’t waste my time doing such a thing, I have a life to live and I won’t be wasting it trolling people on the internet.

If you are not interested in having another valued member of your forum, that’s fine with me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast