X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stone Mountain Games GA / Celtic bands.

So, in years past the SMHG was host to all the athletics, clan forest, kids activities, dancing competition, etc
    INCLUDING A VARIETY OF CELTIC BANDS ... however (and covid19 really had a part in this) it has now dwindled to only ONE band per stage, playing several times each day. So, 3 stages = 3 bands ... they even state on their website about their desire to provide a wide variety of bands and celtic rock/fusion music to the festival. I have reached out to them several times, and I figure the committee is simply not interested in celtic bands any more?
    So, we just got back from St Augustine and the Celtic heritage festival, which is a huge Celtic rock music festival, that has a small amount of athletics and traditional stuff; it's mainly a MUSIC festival ... I realize that Stone Mountain is not that type of festival of course!
    BUT it has been a real disappointment in recent years to see just the one band (the Muckers ... a fine Irish drinkin' band fer sure!) on the main stage there. Any thoughts about how to get it back to what they had in years past? I realize that SMHG is not going to be a huge Celtic music fest - but come on ... one band?!?
    Last edited by mrsunshades; 4th April 24 at 09:43 AM.