X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arg!

Well I bought a kilt, a mini kilt and stuff back in December. It finally shipped out Friday but instead of going FedEx like I paid for, it went DHL I'm pretty mad. I've been tracking it and it cleared customs but instead of going to WY it went to KY. It's been sitting there since 2 PM their time yesterday.

I thought DHL was going out of business? Anyway, I've lived in Afton, Wyoming for 4 years and have never seen a DHL truck.

I'm so upset I could cry, we've got a wedding to go to tomorrow.
    This post is a natural product made from Recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I don't wanna hear this... I just ordered a kilt a couple days ago...
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the bright note going DHL you may avoid the import duty and surcharge. With Fed Ex no way.

Adam
    "Down among the dancing quanta, everything exists at once." - Warren Zevon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, was that package not supposed to come to my house?

Seattle, WA: N 47 40' 50.109";W 122 17' 14.7726"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to hear this either... I just ordered a new sporran, belt, cravat, hat, etc from Scotweb..

And I hate DHL.

Lame.
    The Barry

"Confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus addictis;
    voca me cum benedictis." -"Dies Irae" (Day of Wrath)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once had something go out DHL and show up at my door Either Purolater or Canada Post (I forget). But hey if there is no brokerage fees you're ahead of the game Fed-Ex being it's own customs broker can charge you astronomically. I always request that something shipped internationally to use their nations postal service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccga3359 View Post
    I once had something go out DHL and show up at my door Either Purolater or Canada Post (I forget). But hey if there is no brokerage fees you're ahead of the game Fed-Ex being it's own customs broker can charge you astronomically. I always request that something shipped internationally to use their nations postal service.
    Me too. International postage has become very competitive over international couriers. They've had to.

I think DHL might be their own customs broker, too. I had a delivery from the UK to AU with DHL and the shipping and customs charges were well over twice what was paid for the actual item!

Wade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A wedding on a Wed? Miracles happen though...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPS bought out DHL in the US when DHL decided they couldn't make a go of it. Pretty sure UPS is keeping the yellow DHL trucks in specific areas, but they are all part of the same grand master plan.

Of course, none of that means that different parts of the same parent company will charge the same for the same or similar services!

Matt H.
    Last edited by Balaamsass51; 31st January 09 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Wrong company, oops.
    Insperata Floruit! - Flourished Unexpectedly!

KABOOM; Kilted Christians; Kilted In Carolina; Matt Newsome Kilt Owners Group; R Kilts are Awesome; SEKS - The Great Southeastern Kilt Society; The Order of the Dandelion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain. I ordered a kilt and sporran back in November with an original ship date of right around Christmas time. Various issues arose and I'm still without my kilt.

In their defense, communication has been reasonably good. Whenever I ask about the order, I get a reply within a day or so.

Hope things work out for you!
    Last edited by Kerr the Walker; 28th January 09 at 05:08 AM. Reason: no coffee = brain fart

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast