X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kilt Store

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilt Store

Has anyone bought wool kilts from Kiltstore? either 8 yard or casual (sorry Jimmy if that's not proper traditional)?

Happy with service and price and quality?

I desperately want a Morrison ancient kilt which is available only in fine scottish wool, thanks for any feedback.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50 55' 15.42"N 0 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Kilt Store

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    Has anyone bought wool kilts from Kiltstore? either 8 yard or casual (sorry Jimmy if that's not proper traditional)?

Happy with service and price and quality?

I desperately want a Morrison ancient kilt which is available only in fine scottish wool, thanks for any feedback.
    Not a tartan kilt Graham, but I am awaiting a swatch of one of the plain woollen fabrics in the 'modern kilts' section of their website. I forgot to ask to see it when I was with Nick and Adele two weeks ago. It will have to be a dreadful fabric (an impossibility with KiltStore, I am sure) for me not to go ahead with an order.

The workmanship on both the denim and the camouflage kilts I had from them was first-class. Even knowing that they have different kiltmakers for different fabrics, I'd feel sure you could order from them with confidence. Nick, Adele and all their team are intent on supplying only the best quality at a fair price - and don't forget the discount!
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham,

No kilt, but, my argle vest that I ordered from them is top notch.

Casey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No kilt as yet .
    I have a Co Fermanagh Swatch on it's way from them to compare with the one I have from HR I'll let you know how that goes
    All the Best.....David.
    Why be part of the crowd Choose a Freelander Sporran
    A Member of the Caledonian Society of Norway
    My Photo Gallery Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Kilt Store

Has anyone bought wool kilts from Kiltstore? either 8 yard or casual (sorry Jimmy if that's not proper.
    Come on now.

In any case, I have purchased a kilt through them, and had it in my hands in less than 8 weeks. It came in the fit and quality that you would expect from them. Pleats were (and are) absolutely perfect, and shipped with a triple sewn weave to protect them in transit! That's quality and care!

The kilt itself is BY FAR my best. Service was outstanding. Shipping was perfect. The kilt itself is one of the best that I've ever seen (and that says something).

You get what they advertise... and you truly get what you pay for.
    Arise. Kill. Eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy,
    Did you have to pay any duty charges when it arrived, or was everything included in KiltStore's total quoted to you when you ordered your kilt?

Thanks!
    Brian

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought their economy casual kilt in Clark Ancient, and I'm very happy with it. I wore it to my sister's wedding and looked great (if I may say so myself). The stitching is top notch, and they really went out of their way get it to me on time (I probably ordered it a little bit later than I should have). Their customer service is excellent!

I have to be a little more careful about movement in it than I do in my Utilikilt (which, till May 2005, was my only foray into the kilting world, ergo my impressions of kilts are based on that) as it doesn't fall the same way and leaves more gaps (or, as Jeff on Coupling says, "A clear line of sight back to base camp."). But as it compares to, say, a nice 8-yard kilt, I have no idea as I have no 8-yarder yet. YET.

I will definitely shop with Kiltstore again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought an 8 yard 13oz Muted Lamont (House of Edgar).

I'm very happy.

However, FedEx sent me an $80.00 bill for duty a month later.
    G Koch
    Bachelor Farmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g koch
    Bought an 8 yard 13oz Muted Lamont (House of Edgar).

I'm very happy.

However, FedEx sent me an $80.00 bill for duty a month later.
    Interestingly, I never got any sort of FedEx bill or anything, but I DID get harassed by them to fill out Patriot Act documents and such. It was harder to get the kilt from Memphis to Columbus than it was to get it from Edinburgh to Memphis...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patriot Act documents??? That's a new one on me. Did they think the fabric was woven of C4?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast