X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick may be slow to respond for a while...

I'm just posting a quick heads-up for anyone thinking of contacting me personally for help in any way, that I may be a bit slower than usual to deal with things.

My partner is currently in hospital being rehydrated on a drip from being rather severely sick, which is her second admission in as many weeks and this looks like being a recurring pattern for possibly a few months. (I'd prefer not to go into more detail publicly, but she should recover fully in time.) Even when home she's unable to do much at all so is needing quite a lot of support, on top of which I'm now having to do most of the caring for our two and a half year old child (not to mention my late-80s parents nearby, plus dealing with the rest of an already busy life for both of us!). I hope you'll understand that this has to be my first priority.

I will still be trying to get into the office as much as I can. But I just won't have as much time as I'd like to engage with daily issues for a while. It's at times like this that I'm very very glad of having such a brilliant team who can run things excellently in my absence. I will still be glad to help where I can, particularly if you have any problem you're finding any difficulty in resolving. But meanwhile you'll probably get a faster result if you go first to Stewart and the rest of the team. Thanks for understanding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure to take care of yourself too, Nick.

It's all too easy when caring for others to neglect ourselves, and fall prey to some sniffle, exhaustion, or worse.

Best wishes for everyone.

ith:
    artificer Pronunciation: \är-ˈti-fə-sər, ˈär-tə-fə-sər\ : noun : 14th century :a skilled or artistic worker or craftsman
    Artificer Custom Sporrans
    *Home of the Original Kenneth MacLeay Sporran Project & Functional Brass Cantles*

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You and your family are in my thoughts & prayers, Nick.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best wishes and thoughts to your partner Nick. Look after yourself and the family too during this trying time.
    Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. Harry (Breaker) Harbord Morant - Bushveldt Carbineers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take care, Nick, don't overdo it.
    You are in my prayers this evening.
    Vice-President and Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prayed for all...thanks for sharing your circumstances...God Bless.
    KD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take care and I hope for a rapid recovery.

Retired Forum Moderator Chairman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Brian

In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism, it's your Count that votes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers Nick.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nick, having just been discharged from hospital myself and with somewhat limited activity for a few months to come, I suspect I know where you are coming from. Please remember me to Adele, to whom I send my sincerest love and Best Wishes for a speedy and permanent recovery.

As for you: take care of yourself and put your family first - you have built a fine and reliable team at Scotweb who will keep things running there whilst you concentrate your focus on 'matters domestic'.

Thinking of you all.

Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast