X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Communication

My order was supposed to have shipped 12/17 in time for Christmas. It was changed to 12/21. I have sent 3 emails requesting an update with no reply. Very dissatisfied.

Next time I will purchase in USA.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let us know if you get a PM response. I am waiting to read the response before I take down the blog post and withdrawl my entry in the raffle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Some days you're the bat, some days you're the watermelon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Och, so quick to jump on the negative bandwagon.

Why don't ye wait wee while for the gentlemen in charge of Scotweb to give a reasonable answer in regards to your inquiry.

Things getting dropped in the Christmas rush happens to everyone I've ever heard of or worked with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard back from Scotweb. Evidently bad weather during the month of December delayed orders. I can fully understand and appreciate that. My concern is there was no response after 3 emails. Based on the response I received today, the order is now scheduled to be shipped 1/11, which is tomorrow. We shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patience is a virtue, good customer service expected. I can't say yay or nay either way, but from weather reports I am sure it was quite a struggle to get stuff done. Just don't base all feelings off one experience. God bless and good luck!

Slainte,

Zach

P.S. either way, don't forget pics!!!!
    [-[COLOR="DimGray"]Floreat Majestas[/COLOR]-|-[COLOR="Red"]Semper Vigilans[/COLOR]-|-[COLOR="Navy"]Aut Pax Aut Bellum[/COLOR]-|-[I][B]Go mbeannai Dia duit[/B][/I]-]
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."[/SIZE][/COLOR] [B]- John Calvin[/B]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received my order from Scotweb. Excellent quality and I am extremely satisfied with the products. I will definitely buy from them again. Maybe next time we will have better weather in Scotland!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDerington View Post
    I received my order from Scotweb. Excellent quality and I am extremely satisfied with the products. I will definitely buy from them again. Maybe next time we will have better weather in Scotland!
    Congrats!
    Was worth the wait wasn't it.
    Post some picks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burly Brute View Post
    Patience is a virtue, good customer service expected. I can't say yay or nay either way, but from weather reports I am sure it was quite a struggle to get stuff done. Just don't base all feelings off one experience. God bless and good luck!

Snow doesn't impact email.

Proper, prompt responses from vendors are not an unusual request. If weather delays the arrival of raw materials and the shipping of finished goods, this does not change the hours required to construct the garment. When raw materials are delayed, that's when vendors have spare time. This is when they should send out a "heads up" that finished goods will be delayed by an extra few weeks.

This sends out the answer before the question is even asked by the buyer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Snow doesn't impact email.

Proper, prompt responses from vendors are not an unusual request. If weather delays the arrival of raw materials and the shipping of finished goods, this does not change the hours required to construct the garment. When raw materials are delayed, that's when vendors have spare time. This is when they should send out a "heads up" that finished goods will be delayed by an extra few weeks.

This sends out the answer before the question is even asked by the buyer.
    Only problem, Jay, with this simple scenario is that you have not included into the equation the human factor, that the humans also are having problems moving around, getting to and from work, thus making staffing shortages likely, meaning fewer people to try to check up on things and send out those "delay" emails. Never mind power outages and other communications failures that also follow along with bad weather. Really bad weather can cause catastrophic trickle down consequences, as is evidenced by the recent closures of several US airports by snow in the last couple months.

Scotweb are usually pretty compulsive about responding to emails within a day or two at most, if they have an answer to give you.

j

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForresterModern View Post
    Only problem, Jay, with this simple scenario is that you have not included into the equation the human factor, that the humans also are having problems moving around, getting to and from work, thus making staffing shortages likely, meaning fewer people to try to check up on things and send out those "delay" emails. Never mind power outages and other communications failures that also follow along with bad weather. Really bad weather can cause catastrophic trickle down consequences, as is evidenced by the recent closures of several US airports by snow in the last couple months.

Scotweb are usually pretty compulsive about responding to emails within a day or two at most, if they have an answer to give you.

j
    In this age of technology we have gotten used to instant gratification and speedy communications. The bottom line is in the end he got a wonderful kilt that he is happy with. I have found that I am willing to wait and give the benefit of the doubt when I know the quality will be there. Every kilt I have from Scotweb is impressive to me and everyone who has seen them. I consistantly get comments concerning the wonderful craftmanship that has gone into my kilts, from other kilted individuals to the owner of my dry cleaners!

So enjoy your Scotweb kilts!
    I know I do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast