X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weekly kilt night: Tuesdays at the Blind Pig in Athol, Massachusetts

Hi everyone,

The Blind Pig in Athol, MA (https://www.facebook.com/BlindPig.Athol, right downtown at 98 Exchange street) has been having a kilt night every Tuesday for the last month or so, and it seems to have gained some traction! There's been a bit of renewed interest in the town's Scottish roots this year between its 250th anniversary and the two-week visit by his Grace the Duke of Atholl and the Highlanders earlier this year. I went a couple of weeks ago and there were a couple of younger guys sporting kilts, and heard reports of more earlier that evening.

It's just far enough away from me to prevent me from going *every* week, but I hope to make it at least once a month or so. If you've never been, they have good food and a great selection of local craft beer.
    Last edited by usonian; 9th October 12 at 12:23 PM. Reason: grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the 16th?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to play next week by ear, as it's going to be a busy one for me. There's a chance I'll be there with my better half tonight.