X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Kilt Night in Vancouver/Portland area?

Okay. Last year I tried to get a Kilt Night going here in Battle Ground. I know there are a couple of kilties here but maybe they're not Xmarkers. Rick Y and his wife, and my wife and I had a great time, but two couples do not a kilt night make. Maybe it was the night, maybe it was the location. Rick and I would like to see this develop, so give us your feed back. What night works? So do you have a favorite PUB? Let's get some dialogue going? For the first time EVER Vancouver has enough PUBs in close enough proximity that we could really do a crawl from PUB to PUB. I'm not very good, but I would even brave the bad reviews and bring my pipes (if one of you is a better piper I'll happily differ to you). What say you?

Jamie
    Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikercelt1 View Post
    Okay. Last year I tried to get a Kilt Night going here in Battle Ground. I know there are a couple of kilties here but maybe they're not Xmarkers. Rick Y and his wife, and my wife and I had a great time, but two couples do not a kilt night make. Maybe it was the night, maybe it was the location. Rick and I would like to see this develop, so give us your feed back. What night works? So do you have a favorite PUB? Let's get some dialogue going? For the first time EVER Vancouver has enough PUBs in close enough proximity that we could really do a crawl from PUB to PUB. I'm not very good, but I would even brave the bad reviews and bring my pipes (if one of you is a better piper I'll happily differ to you). What say you?

Jamie
    Hawk and I were behind the kilt night that ran for a bit at Horse Brass over in PDX. I never had the time to get out and really promote it, so after a year or so it died off. The location was okay, but I'm sure somewhere else would have been a cooler spot for a bunch of kilties. Anyway, I'd totally be up for a pub crawl in the 'couve. You may have already thought of this, but I think Uptown Village would be the spot. There's Trap Door, Thirsty Sasquatch, and Doomsday all close together, and Heathen is a short walk south. I think there are, what, three or four more in downtown proper?

And what's this? Bagpipes, you say? I play tupan (a Balkan bass drum) and I've been dying to find a piper to play with. Maybe we should have a chat?
    Cheers!
    Bob

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ratspike View Post
    I think Uptown Village would be the spot. There's Trap Door, Thirsty Sasquatch, and Doomsday all close together, and Heathen is a short walk south. I think there are, what, three or four more in downtown proper?

And what's this? Bagpipes, you say? I play tupan (a Balkan bass drum) and I've been dying to find a piper to play with. Maybe we should have a chat?
    We're blessed with a number of potential places, now we just have to get the participants.

I had to quit playing for a while and it's an up hill battle getting my chops back, especially since I was just a "recreational" player to begin with. I'm up for the challenge though and pipes and a big drum make a great combination. We'll have to see what we can come up with.

Jamie
    Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati