X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice WE Scott seal Evening sporran with the "D" (diamond) pattern cantle for a dollar.

I haven't looked closely, but the cantle might be the higher-level silver-plated type.

If so, it will probably have "Made in Scotland" in tiny letters stamped on one side.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22619720235...Bk9SR-Cj2LWEZA
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to OC Richard For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Richard View Post
    I have two nieces in a nice part of Oakland (on the Berkeley border).
    That's funny but I understand. Sometimes you have to say that when referring to Oakland. My brother used to live right on the border with Piedmont and he just told people he lived in Piedmont - no explanation necessary and it avoided the "oh I'm sorry" looks. I'm in OC for the time being, looking after my dad who had a lengthy stay in the hospital back in Dec/Jan.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Jeff View Post
    That's funny but I understand. Sometimes you have to say that when referring to Oakland.
    Yes often I'll say "my nieces live in a part of Oakland that feels like you're in Berkeley" and everybody from the Bay Area knows exactly where it is.

And yes, it's faster (and in a way more accurate) to just say they live in Berkeley.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely traditional WE Scott brown day sporran here in the USA opening bid $35 no bids.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23561443341...Bk9SR7biq_yFZA

Beautiful older WE Scott brown day sporran with sealskin front here in the USA opening bid $49 no bids.

Comes with very nice older civilian silver-plated Evening Dress waistbelt buckle. This is one of two patterns introduced along with the Montrose shell jacket around 1920.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266866584952
    Last edited by OC Richard; 19th June 24 at 02:20 AM.

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586