X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does the gown matter? Open or closed if you want to wear a kilt, wear a kilt. Even if the gown is closed and noone will see the kilt, so what? Would you not wear trousers in the same situation?
    Tha mi uabhasach sgith gach latha.
    “A man should look as if he has bought his clothes (kilt) with intelligence, put them (it) on with care, and then forgotten all about them (it).” Paraphrased from Hardy Amies
    Proud member of the Clans Urquhart and MacKenzie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I missed like most of the replies on the thread but it's all good I guess since they all seemed concerned with the gown being closed which I already clarified wouldn't be an issue in my second post here because gowns were optional. We had a kid in a full set of armor and another dressed as a fairy princess, that's just how we roll in art school.
    I almost didn't receive my fly plaid and flashes on time because the fly was on back order and they failed to put it anywhere on the site but was saved when it arrived the day before the ceremony. I did forget to buy a proper brooch but I think it was ok. (Ordered through Highland Kilt Company in WI)

But like I'm so happy that I wore the whole look since it made me feel confident. Not to mention functionality; it was an outside event on the waterfront during a freezing rainstorm so I was able to use the fly like a blanket, so again I'm happy to have worn it.
    GN4Th_HXQAAzvAq.jpgScreenshot 2024-05-18 200540.png

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Clubbingclown For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I graduated in Dundee and there were very few men not in kilts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truthfully no one will care what tartan you're wearing.

You mentioned you have this kilt because it was the one in your size. Which I guessing means you either bought a used one or an off the rack kilt. Personally, I would wear what you have rather than spend the money on another off the rack kilt. Save your money and get yourself a made to measure when you can afford it. It makes such a difference in the long run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12