Hope this is a good spot for this thread.

I have come to be the proud owner of only wool sweaters. I have not been particularly careful with the ones I own and my navy blue one shrunk some after buying it but didn't think much of it.

It wasn't until I just bought a new crew neck grey sweater that shrinkage made me unhappy. This sweater when I bought it was a small. My partner told me to get medium as it will most likely shink.

She was right but that isn't what upset me. The arms and body shrunk but the width was huge and the neck was far too loose. What I loved about it when I bought it was that the neck was so small.

This led to me reading on the internet about washing wool and all I get back is how delicate wool is and that even looking at it wrong will cause it to be ruined.

Honestly, wool cannot be that delicate! The other sweaters have survived multiple ventures with the rest of the great unwashed (no pardoning here).

I have decided to follow their instructions to see if the shape becomes nicer but I was just wondering if all you more experienced peoples here had advice or knowledge about washing wool.

Cheers.