X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunMaxwell View Post
    What's confusing you? Hold the right end in your right hand and the left end in your left hand, with the kilt behind you (as if you were about to wrap a towel around your waist after a shower). Then wrap the right end of the kilt across your body to the left (and under the left end of the kilt), run the strap through the hole and and fasten the strap on your left hip. Then wrap the left end of the kilt across your body to the right and fasten the strap(s) to buckle(s) on your right hip.

Easy peasey.

Cheers,

SM
    Strap on the left? What strap on the left? Mines only got two on the right

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurKiltsmen View Post
    Strap on the left? What strap on the left? Mines only got two on the right
    Okay, I want to see a photo of your kilt.

If you were holding the kilt behind your back, as if you were about to wrap it around your waist as you would a bath towel, there should be a single strap on the right end:

You would wrap the right end across your body to the left and insert the strap through the hole in the kilt, and then fasten it through the buckle on your left hip:

Then, you would wrap the left end of your kilt — which should have at least one, perhaps two straps on it — across your body to the right and fasten the strap(s) through the buckle(s) on your right hip.

These instructions should work for any traditionally constructed kilt. I have one kilt that has an internal strap on the left side, but the process is the same.

Is there velcro or some other type of closure system for fastening the kilt on your left hip?

Or maybe you're just winding me up.

Good luck to you.

Cheers,

SM
    Shaun Maxwell
    Vice President & Texas Commissioner
    Clan Maxwell Society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunMaxwell View Post
    Okay, I want to see a photo of your kilt.

If you were holding the kilt behind your back, as if you were about to wrap it around your waist as you would a bath towel, there should be a single strap on the right end:

You would wrap the right end across your body to the left and insert the strap through the hole in the kilt, and then fasten it through the buckle on your left hip:

Then, you would wrap the left end of your kilt — which should have at least one, perhaps two straps on it — across your body to the right and fasten the strap(s) through the buckle(s) on your right hip.

These instructions should work for any traditionally constructed kilt. I have one kilt that has an internal strap on the left side, but the process is the same.

Is there velcro or some other type of closure system for fastening the kilt on your left hip?

Or maybe you're just winding me up.

Good luck to you.

Cheers,

SM
    Thanks for the help, I actually didn’t realize there was a strap on the left, just shows how new I am to kilting, may also be the reason why it fits slightly big.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12