X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piipriker View Post
    I've been looking at hunting sporrans for some time, but I think the tweed makes the difference in giving it an extra elegance. ...
    Congratulations on your new acquisition! Post a pic with your kilt and kit, when you get it. I completely agree with you about the simplicity and elegance that the tweed backing brings to the sporran. Tell your family to hang on to it, no matter what happens to you. It may become an invaluable museum piece.
    I changed my signature. The old one was too ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyR View Post
    It's boxed up and shipping out in the morning. I also put a little holiday gift in there for you for ordering the first one.
    Rocky, you are fast. Less than 45 minutes after placing the order I got the email with shipping information. And thank you for the gift.

I think I'm falling in my old habit of my pipe acquisition times. kiltmonk likes to say, that I'm shooting faster than Lucky Luke at a pipe show
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleater View Post
    Weeelll - once I was walking along the row of shops near us and passed a young couple, she was wearing a narrow strip of denim for a skirt and a couple of handkerchieves worth of fabric for a blouse and it was losing the fight to stay closed - I was almost out of earshot when he enquired 'why doesn't your skirt move like that?' Anne the Pleater

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azwildcat96 View Post
    Does the change have to do with the "unfinished" look where the chains come out of the tweed? That was the first thing that caught my eye. Other than that, these do have a unique and refined look. I bet you will have a hot seller in them. Especially the hunting model!
    Sort of... We're changing the cantle, crossing the chains and giving it a targe (leather disc on the front just below the cantle). I've instructed the sporran maker to hide the chain holes under the targe and if any must show, make them MUCH smaller as these are too big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you're on it! Not that there was ever any question. The collection looks great!

Sort of... We're changing the cantle, crossing the chains and giving it a targe (leather disc on the front just below the cantle). I've instructed the sporran maker to hide the chain holes under the targe and if any must show, make them MUCH smaller as these are too big.
    "When I wear my Kilt, God looks down with pride and the Devil looks up with envy." --Unknown
    Proud Chief of Clan Bacon. You know you want some!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After a bit of feedback from customers and toying with a few different ideas, we changed up the Tweed Dress Sporran a bit. This is the "new and improved" version. We changed the cantle to the "pierced" metal to allow the tweed to show through. We also added a targe and crossed the chains. Retail price will still be about $220. What does everyone think?

By comparison, here's our first tweed dress sporran attempt:
    Last edited by RockyR; 22nd December 12 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously a dramatic improvement over the prototype, and a very handsome sporran in its own right. I particularly like the cantle with the tweed. Though it's been written, it would be nice to have the option (at extra price) of choosing your own tweed, especially at the time you are ordering your tweed jacket/vest. We matchy-matchy folks would love it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mookien View Post
    Obviously a dramatic improvement over the prototype, and a very handsome sporran in its own right. I particularly like the cantle with the tweed. Though it's been written, it would be nice to have the option (at extra price) of choosing your own tweed, especially at the time you are ordering your tweed jacket/vest. We matchy-matchy folks would love it.
    There's a very simple solution... get the tweed jacket and vest in the grey!

If it's something you HAD to have, it could be done. It would add roughly $50 to the price between the cutting surcharges, minimum lengths, shipping back and forth, etc, but it could be done.
    Last edited by RockyR; 22nd December 12 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a very simple solution... get the tweed jacket and vest in the grey! ...
    Golly!, why didn't I think of that? Any color you want, as long as it's grey.

Nobody can ever accuse you of being unaccommodating. Now you got me thinking, which is always dangerous ... to my pocketbook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, Rocky!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much better!
    "When I wear my Kilt, God looks down with pride and the Devil looks up with envy." --Unknown
    Proud Chief of Clan Bacon. You know you want some!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast