X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McLain Celtic Festival This Saturday 9/5 Carlisle

The 15th Annual McClain Celtic Festival will be held this Saturday, September 5th, 9 - 5, at the Cumberland County Historical Society's Two Mile House on the Walnut Bottom Road just off Interstate 81 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Higland Athletics, Clan tents, Dancers, Pipers, Border Collies, Celtic Goods venders and more.

www.historicalsociety.com will get you to the web site, "calendar-programs" will get you to the event information. Phone Two Mile House at 717-243-3437 or CCHS (toll free in PA) 800-732-0999 or 717-249-7610.

This is a nice festival for the whole family, some great areas of rock outcroppings for photography on site. A little something for about everybody.

If you make it stop and say hello, I'll be throwing in the heavy events up on top of the hill, wearing either a MacDonald (modern colors) kilt or a Douglas Feila beg ask for Gene.

My best,

Cayuse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info.

You say the heavy events are on top of the hill, how rough are the grounds, (bad knees and bad back)?
    If you see abbreviations, initials or acronyms you do not know the Xmarks FAQ section on abbreviations may help.

www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/faq.php?faq=xmarks_faq#faq_faq_abbr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friday:
    Grounds are pretty level, slight incline up to where we throw, music and clan tents are below us on level ground. Where would you be coming from? PM me and I'll see if I can find some photos we've taken of the area. I have bad knees too and I navigate the area quite well.

Regards,
    Cayuse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cayuse
    I don't know I have drive all the way from Waynesboro to Carlilse, it is so far away.

I all seriousness I will have to find out if my social secretary (DSWMBO) has plans for us, but at this point I'll look for Gene in the events area.

Chris
    If you see abbreviations, initials or acronyms you do not know the Xmarks FAQ section on abbreviations may help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cayuse
    It looks like the DW and I will be coming over around 12:30 - 1 PM I'll come up to the events area and look for you. I'll probably be in my US Army kilt with an artillery red shirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cayuse
    Sorry I missed you. Kept stopping by the games area, but everyone was busy on the field. Maybe next Labor Day weekend.

Thank you for the information on the festival we had a great time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sorry I missed you too. Did you like the festival, and was the terrain OK on your knees and back? Waynesboro is not that far from Dillsburg so maybe a bike ride down there could hook us up. I did meet another X-marker at the festival. All in all for me it was a good time and beautiful weather.

My best,

Cayuse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayusedriver View Post
    Yeah, sorry I missed you too. Did you like the festival, and was the terrain OK on your knees and back? Waynesboro is not that far from Dillsburg so maybe a bike ride down there could hook us up. I did meet another X-marker at the festival. All in all for me it was a good time and beautiful weather.

My best,

Cayuse

It was a very nice festival. Just the right size and the terrain was ok, next time I need to bring our own chairs.

We have friends in Mechanicsburg and go past Dillsburg a couple of times a month. We need to look into a Gettysburg Kilt night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great festival. good food and awesome games. Met up with Cayusedriver and his family and had a lot of fun watching the games. Hope to meet up again in Ligonier with Cayusedriver and have a little more time to talk. For those who didn't know, Cayuse spent almost all of his time throwing very large sticks and stones around a field all day