X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,013 of 1013
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst being my nearest distillery, the produce from the Ben Nevis distillery has never appealed to me --------or many of the locals ------but it appears that the Japanese appreciate the taste. Give me a shout if you are in the area and perhaps we could share a dram?
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jock

I agree with you on Ben Nevis - but it is convenient as we will be hiking around Fort William and Glen Coe.

Happy to give you a shout if this comes off.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tomo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been continuing my exploration of the less expensive scotches, especially in light of the fact that Glenmorangie 10yr, Laphroaig 10yr, and Bowmore 12yr all went up $20 a bottle in my area, making my ability to purchase them much less frequent. Fortunately, I saw it coming and was able to stash away a bottle of Bowmore and 2 bottles of Laphroaig before the price went up, and I am nursing the bottle of Glenmorangie that I opened for Burn's Night.

I tried Gran Old Parr 12yr, and as blended scotches go, I found it to competitive with Chivas Regal 12yr, Johnny Walker Black and Pinch at around $10 less a bottle. Not necessarily better than this competition, but good and enjoyable in its own right at a bargain price.

Going down a shelf, although I still find Teachers the best bargain on the shelf, I have added Black & White, and Old Smuggler to the rotation. Both very good and affordable.

With Laphroaig now at $60.99 a fifth, I had to find a Islay that I could enjoy more frequently. I found that in Finlaggan Old Reserve, which is a single malt with no age statement. At $22.99 a fifth, it is priced lower than many blended scotches. It gives plenty of peat and is also very drinkable IMO. I haven't compared it directly to Laphroaig, but given the price difference, it just has to be good in its own right, which I think it is.

My doctor has advised me to cut down on my drinking. I've done this by drinking less but better scotch, and only straight with a few drops of water in a Glen Caryn glass. Mo more on the rock. This way, I sip is slow and savor it. It is working. I'm drinking a lot less and enjoying it a lot more.

Cheers!

Dave

Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102