X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Thread: Old DIY Jacket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old DIY Jacket

I have recently semi-retired. I have been going through the closet and have run across things that might be appreciated here. And it gives me a chance to test posting pictures. So first up is a kilt jacket conversion I did when I was about 16. The jacket was originally my father's from when he was a teenager, and had a matching pair of pants. I did a lot of this sewing by hand, though the liners were sewn on a machine and turned inside out (or outside in, which ever you prefer). The imitation horn buttons were what was on the coat already. I found it in the bottom of a box. Storage of 45 years has degraded the material. You can see the damage here and there. I don't know what the material is, but it's not wool. I still fit in it pretty well.
    20200522_104143_copy_1494x2656.jpg
    20200522_104216_copy_2124x1195.jpg
    20200603_064210_copy_1267x886.jpg
    20200603_064300_copy_1083x583.jpg
    I had never actually seen a kilt jacket. I only had pictures like the catalogs OCRichard has posted and National Geographic. So I was pretty pleased with it for the time being. However, when I finished schooling I traveled to Scotland. The jacket stayed home and I bought one there. Which I (ahem) also pretty much fit into. Thats my story anyway.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to DCampbell16B For This Useful Post: