X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Retired Forum Manager
    Gentleman of X Marks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bay Area Kilt Night - Friday April 25th

It's that time again!

What better day to celebrate Arbor Day than a Kilt Night!
    This Friday is the last of the month which means of course our good friends at the Devil's Canyon Brewery are open for business.

All members of the Nor Cal Rabble and ye Bay Area kilties are invited to attend.

The lovely Flame-Haired Celtic Amazon Goddess and I plan on being there early (5 PM) and will probably head out early ( 8 PM)

Hope to see you all there

Cheers

Jamie

Details below graciously provided by XMTS MotorMan4Life:

Details, map and driving directions at http://www.kiltday.com/kiltnight.htm

SAVE THE DATE: Last Friday, Monthly - Belmont Kilt Night in SF Bay Area!

Calling all guys in kilts (traditional tartan kilts, home-made kilts, Utilikilts, any darned kilt!)... That's right, mark your calendars for the LAST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH... time for the monthly kilt mixer in Belmont!

Friday, April 25th from 5 pm on. Rain-or-Shine. Most of the kilt crew starts trickling in around 7 pm, although no doubt that Tim will be there at 5... first in line for a cold brew and checking out the opening band.

Devil's Canyon Brewery Style with lots of cool singles, couples, families (and occasional sporran hating pug). No stress meet-and-greet with cool, fun loving, people in a casual, relaxing, atmosphere. No cover charge! Live music, great hot food at really decent prices, indoor and outdoor seating with cozy propane heat lamps and couches inside & outside! Come with plans to have fun! Bring a friend (or two)!

No-host bar. $3 (16 oz.) award-winning microbrews. Thought the first one costs $6 because you get a spiffy keen official DCB glass! Don't miss their fantastic "Full Boar Scotch Ale" !!!! as well as about a 1/2 dozen other great draft selections!

Put on your kilt and come join the fun! The proprietors will be expecting us! If we get advance notice on the bands that will be playing, we will be sure to post info. here!

Devil's Canyon Brewing Company: 111 Industrial Way #7, Belmont CA 94002

For more information here is the Spiffy Keen website for the Devils Canyon Brewery

http://www.devilscanyonbrewery.com/

WARNING: This place can be a bit tricky to find the first time, so pay attention; It is located in the north/east corner of the Harbor Business Center, right off of Harbor Blvd exit from S/B Hwy. 101, driveway just east of Industrial. It can be a bit difficult to find the first time. Just copy down the detailed directions from the link above and you'll find it! If in doubt, park in the lot and listen for the music!

They are open to the public just one night per month. They call the event "Beer Friday." Their doors open at 5 pm and things tend wrap up between 11 pm and midnight. We have no affiliation with the brewing company, it is just a convenient location on the Peninsula and a great place to hold a casual mixer in a central location.
    -See it there, a white plume
    Over the battle - A diamond in the ash
    Of the ultimate combustion-My panache

Edmond Rostand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be there, probably more like my usual hour( read: earlier than the past couple of beer nights) but can't stay long as Saturday is the Singlehanded Farallones race, which will be a *Very Long Day*. I hope I can get 6 hours of sleep Saturday night so that I'm not a wreck on Sunday in Woodland.

San Francisco, California or there abouts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid can't make this one. But the next one looks good. Have a good time all! int:

Best regards,

Jake
    [B]Less talk, more monkey![/B]

Retired Forum Manager
    Gentleman of X Marks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one to start thinking about is the Kilt Night/Beer night before the Pleasanton Games.

I'm hoping we can get the full crew out because Big Mikey will be joining us!

Cheers

Jamie
    -See it there, a white plume
    Over the battle - A diamond in the ash
    Of the ultimate combustion-My panache

Edmond Rostand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add a little enticement, there may be a dram or two of the now infamous Sweet Sippin' Maple Whisky. I'm always willing to introduce friends to a new vice! Only 127 days to go!!
    Gentleman of Substance