X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tartan on sale by the Meter

Hello X Marks,

I know we have a lot of DIY kilt makers here and professionals as well. We are opening the tartan sale to anyone who wants to buy tartan by the meter.

10 and 13 ounce tartans are $40 a meter. 16 ounce tartans are $50 a meter.

All the tartans are made with 100% worsted wool in Scotland. Mill varies depending on tartan. Contact us for details.

If you want to see the list available please visit the Casual Kilt on sale page for a full list of the tartans available.

To order please email or call us at 1-877-828-3232 and we will check inventory and process your order if possible.
    North America's Premier Kilt Makers and Tartan Suppliers.
    Visit our Online store at www.burnetts-struth.com
    Call us Toll-Free at 1-877-828-3232 (North America only)
    Email us by clicking here. Twitter - @burnettsnstruth

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon,

I got no response from an email sent late yesterday so I will ask my question via this route instead. I followed the notice here that your webstore is selling tartans by the meter for 10, 13, and 16 oz fabric as listed in the casual kilts section. When I looked in the 16oz section I see listed a “Douglas Modern Black”.

Can you please verify that it is the same Douglas, Black I am thinking of (STA # 1029 as above ), that it is available and in 16oz, and whether that price listed of $50(CAN) is for double width fabric? If the answer to all three parts of my inquiry is yes, then I would like to order at least 6 meters of DW tartan at that price, possibly 8 meters. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon: If the Douglas, Black is indeed STA #1029, please don't sell any to ForresterModern until you set aside enough for the Casual Douglas, Black kilt that I ordered from you, yesterday. ;-)

Forrester Modern: Just kidding, of course. I hope you get all the tartan you need. Blaylock is a family of the Douglas Clan and the Black is a favorite of mine.
    I changed my signature. The old one was too ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon: Upon further review your posting states, "All the tartans are made with 100% worsted wool in Scotland. Mill varies depending on tartan.", but the B&S web page states, "Brand: Lochcarron of Scotland" and "The tartan used for this kilt is made by Lochcarron of Scotland".

So, the burning question is, "From which mill did the Douglas, Black tartan, that B&S is offering for sale, come?"

Thank you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy weight dropped on my bummer button this morning---I called B&S about their availability of Douglas Modern Black in 16oz tartan, as Brandon above announced tartans by the meter in 16 oz at $50CDN per meter and listed it under their casual kilt tartans, alledgedly by Lochcarron. Having researched this before and found it only available in stock as 11 oz or custom weave in 16oz and not from Lochcarron but only from DC Dalgleish I sought to verify the mill and weight available. Called to order and discovered that their listing of Douglas Modern Black in 16oz was an error, that it indeed is a custom order from Dalgleish, unless they happen to have that particular special weave in stock (not likely), that would require a minimum order of 11 meters of DW at an as yet indeterminate cost per meter. Aarrggh. But, if they honor Mookien's order of a casual kilt in that they may have to rder the special weave anyway, so I just might get lucky, depending on the costs. Will keep all posted. This is the last of the rare Douglas tartans I want to complete the collection---modern, ancient, weathered, ancient red (custom), brown (custom) and black(custom). There is also a DA Dark and a Grey but those do not particularly interest me. All fingers and toes crossed pending the answer back from B&S.

jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Email sent to the store today at 7:30 AM PST. We'll see how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gents: I'm lawyering up. My barristers (Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe) will be in touch with Brandon's barristers on Monday. Now, back to reality ...

I dislike being a harbinger of ill tiding, but I spoke with a very polite and seemingly knowledgeable customer rep of B&S this morning. She confirmed what Jeff told us - they don't have 16 oz. Douglas-Black in stock, so the inclusion of that tartan in their selection list was indeed an error. :-(

Fortunately (for me, anyway), I had specified a 2nd choice tartan - McLeod of Harris Hunting Modern. They do stock it in Lochcarron's heavyweight cloth. I never thought I would own a kilt in that tartan, so I am thrilled to be getting one at what I regard as a great price.

I'll post pictures, if I can ever figure out how to look at least as good as those models in the web pages. ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mookien View Post
    Gents: I'm lawyering up. My barristers (Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe) will be in touch with Brandon's barristers on Monday. Now, back to reality ...

I dislike being a harbinger of ill tiding, but I spoke with a very polite and seemingly knowledgeable customer rep of B&S this morning. She confirmed what Jeff told us - they don't have 16 oz. Douglas-Black in stock, so the inclusion of that tartan in their selection list was indeed an error. :-(

Fortunately (for me, anyway), I had specified a 2nd choice tartan - McLeod of Harris Hunting Modern. They do stock it in Lochcarron's heavyweight cloth. I never thought I would own a kilt in that tartan, so I am thrilled to be getting one at what I regard as a great price.

I'll post pictures, if I can ever figure out how to look at least as good as those models in the web pages. ;-)
    Hello X Marks, I believe there has been a misunderstanding with the Douglas Modern Black and one of our sales reps. Does anyone remember the name of the person they spoke with? I just checked our system and shelves and we have some in stock. If you could let me know the name of the person you spoke with and will get in touch with them to see if there is a particular reason they said that it isn't available. I apologize for the confusion and hope to clear this up soon.Just to clairfy this tartan was a special weave in 16 ounce.Will be in touch tomorrow to verify if it is available.
    North America's Premier Kilt Makers and Tartan Suppliers.
    Visit our Online store at www.burnetts-struth.com
    Call us Toll-Free at 1-877-828-3232 (North America only)
    Email us by clicking here. Twitter - @burnettsnstruth

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon, as stated more completely in our separate email, I will purchase whatever portion of the 8 meters DW Lochcarron Douglas Black Modern 16oz tartan you currently have that will remain after Mookien here on the forum gets the amount necessary for his casual kilt, as he had ordered formally before me. Obviously anything remaining after our two orders should remain open for sale to other customers. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon: Thanks for clarifying matters. I would like to stick with my 2nd choice - a casual kilt in "MacLeod of Harris Hunting Modern" assuming it is in a heavyweight cloth by Lochcarron (or Dalgliesh). I walked around all day, yesterday, envisioning how great I would look in that wonderful tartan. :-) Thus, the Douglas-Black-Modern is now my 2nd choice.

Please sell Jeff and others all the Douglas, Black they want. I can't wait to see the photos of Jeff wrapped from head to toe, like a mummy, in furlongs of that beautiful tartan. ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast