X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tweed Sporran Collection

EDIT: See this page for the updated Tweed Dress Sporran:
    http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/s...93#post1140793

Coming Soon... Our new line of Tweed Sporrans! While they're not on the site yet, we do have 1 of each in stock right now (so if you want one immediately, don't wait), but we're going to be adding these beauties to our offerings in the next few weeks. What do you think about these? Let us know!

Last edited by RockyR; 22nd December 12 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love that hunting sporran. Very nice. Will they be available in any other tweeds, or just the one for now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all four are nice, but I like the hunting best. And I like to rise the question of other tweeds as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleater View Post
    Weeelll - once I was walking along the row of shops near us and passed a young couple, she was wearing a narrow strip of denim for a skirt and a couple of handkerchieves worth of fabric for a blouse and it was losing the fight to stay closed - I was almost out of earshot when he enquired 'why doesn't your skirt move like that?' Anne the Pleater

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piipriker View Post
    all four are nice, but I like the hunting best. And I like to rise the question of other tweeds as well.
    Not sure if we'll offer them in other tweeds, but I don't think we will for the time being. Here's the issue.. $$$ and hassle and potential for things to get mucked up. If we just need to order a tiny scrap of tweed just for your sporran, we'll be charged for a 1/2 yard minimum, the "cutting charge" some mills place on small orders, the shipping to the sporran maker and then the sporran maker will have to make a 1 off sporran for you.

CAN it be done? Yes. Will it raise the price by $50 + per sporran? Yes.

Now if a pipe band was ordering a bunch of them, then the price would be the same and we can do different tweeds b/c the cost is spread across many sporrans.

"But what if I order a jacket and vest to match?"

Good question... again, it can be done, but we're dealing with 2 separate companies, across the ocean from me where I have little control over their daily operations. It would go like this... "Mr. Jacket Tailor... I know you typically order just enough cloth for your jacket according to pattern size, but please order 1/4 yard more than you need and charge us for it... also, please don't throw out the scraps, but instead send them across Scotland to our sporran maker." IF he remembers to do it and there's no hitch, then I have to ask the sporran maker to do a 1 off sporran (which isn't quite as big a deal). Bottom line... there's a lot of 'moving parts' in that equation and several areas for things to get mucked up.

The simpler answer is to paraphrase Henry Ford: You can have any tweed you want, so long as it's the LM Kirk581:
    Last edited by RockyR; 13th December 12 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyR View Post
    The simpler answer is to paraphrase Henry Ford: You can have any tweed you want, so long as it's the LM Kirk581:

LOL, your arguments are understandable. Well, then I have to get another tweed kilt, that isn't too matchy-matchy with the sporran.
    Mine is in the same colour range as this tweed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleater View Post
    Weeelll - once I was walking along the row of shops near us and passed a young couple, she was wearing a narrow strip of denim for a skirt and a couple of handkerchieves worth of fabric for a blouse and it was losing the fight to stay closed - I was almost out of earshot when he enquired 'why doesn't your skirt move like that?' Anne the Pleater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jörg,

a second tweed kilt always isn't the worst choice ;-) isn't it ??

Greez

Marcus

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense, Rocky. If they prove to be popular I'd love to see a warm color tweed with brown leather added to the lineup someday, though. We always want more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really feeling the Day Sporran. Very smooth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me like.... Thanks for adding something else to the wishlist.....
    Eric

"Bones, Spock, Kirk - They were three different people from three different places. Especially Spock."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cow!!! Those things are SMASHING!!!
    :-D
    The Official [BREN]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast