X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado Kilt Night for June

I haven't seen anyone anyone starting a thread yet for our June kilt night. This is going to be a rough one for me. I am tied up except for the weekend of the 21st/22nd. Speak up if you have a preference for the night and/or place to get together. I know the Cheshire Cat is very kilt friendly as is the Celtic Taver in LoDo. Let's get something moving!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually going to make a posting about this. I have been having a conversation with the New World Celts, as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
    www.newworldcelts.org there are members in denver , but no chapter yet, travis!!! get five people to join with you, and a pub to meet in (Celtic Angel?) and we can discuss how to start ...with no charter fees, just membership dues of $25/year.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:29 AM, wrote:

Hey there!

I couldn't find any info on chapters on the website. Is there a Denver chapter? If not, what would I have to do to start one!

Thanks a lot for any info you can give me.

Rev Travis Butterworth
    303 437 2587
    www.cocelticweddings.com

--
    Mike Dunlap, President
    New World Celts
    I'd like to start up a chapter here in Denver, and it seems to me that our kilt night gatherin's would be the perfect startup for a Denver chapter. I'm free on the weekend in question, and would love to get together. I also had thought that maybe we could all do the Celtic weekend at the Ren Fest on the weekend of the 28th/29th.
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My problem this month is... I have 2 nieces getting here this weekend and leaving next weekend. My sister is arriving the following weekend and my daughter and her family the following weekend thru the weekend of the 4th. Part of the time I need to go up to Estes so the one weekend I'll miss with family will be when my sister gets in and then they will come down here during the week. whew, this is going to be quite the month.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My problem this month is... I have 2 nieces getting here this weekend and leaving next weekend. My sister is arriving the following weekend and my daughter and her family the following weekend thru the weekend of the 4th. Part of the time I need to go up to Estes so the one weekend I'll miss with family will be when my sister gets in and then they will come down here during the week. whew, this is going to be quite the month.
    Wow! No joke! I actually want to go to the Estes Park Midsummer Fest on the weekend of the 28th/29th as well as the Ren Fest. If the rabble want to do the Ren Fest, that will be where I go. Otherwise it's Estes.
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's start talking about July too. I know there are things going on in Denver then but don't have any info right now. I'll have to look that up this evening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's start talking about July too. I know there are things going on in Denver then but don't have any info right now. I'll have to look that up this evening.
    Gotcha covered:

http://www.renscots.org/events2008.html

June 28 & 29, 2008 Wyoming Celtic Festival in Gillette, WY HUZZAH!

July 19 & 20, 2008 3rd Annual Elizabeth Celtic Festival in Elizabeth, CO

August 9 & 10, 2008 Scottish Festival & Highland Games in Highlands Ranch, CO

August 15 & 16, 2008 Jackson Hole Celtic Festival in Jackson, WY

August 30, 31 & September 1, 2008 Gathering of the Clans in Rapid City, SD

September 4-7, 2008 Longs Peak Scottish/Irish Highland Festival in Estes Park, CO (participation to be confirmed)

September 20, 2008 3rd Annual FMAR Festival at Red Rocks Community College in Golden, CO

October 25, 2008 1st Annual Samhain (All Hallo's Eve) Festival (Location TBD)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is like a ghost town...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kilted in june

I had tentatively been planing on the Rabble Ren Fest on the 28th if we come up with a tighter time and location.

I can briefly make an event on the evening of the 21st or 22nd but I am working that weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm watching.... I will try to attend...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 20th, 21st, 22nd is ok with me but no can do the 28th. MAYBE if my daughter, her husband and the 4 kids want to go to the ren festival we MIGHT be there but won't know until that weekend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast