X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland kilt night (Oregon, that is)?

I'd love to join you guys up in Canada for a Vancouver kilt night sometime, but until then, are there any kilters here in Washington/Oregon area that would want to start a Portland kilt night? I'm about an hours drive from Portland so it's no big trip for me, plus I have a couple UK wearing neighbors who I might be able to talk into coming sometime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Portland kilt night (Oregon, that is)?

Quote Originally Posted by zeytoun
    I'd love to join you guys up in Canada for a Vancouver kilt night sometime, but until then, are there any kilters here in Washington/Oregon area that would want to start a Portland kilt night? I'm about an hours drive from Portland so it's no big trip for me, plus I have a couple UK wearing neighbors who I might be able to talk into coming sometime.
    Zeytoun,
    You're at the top of my list for guys I'd like to see come up to Kilts Night, get drunk with, and discuss the universe.
    Try for September. August will be good but September will be wild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bear's right in that we would love to see a bunch of you guys up here for the September kilt night. Is there anyway to start a car pool from the Northwest for that evening?

Good luck with the Oregon kiltsnight in the meantime. If all else fails (organization wise) just take a bunch of kilted buddies and show up at your favourite pub. We have had a few smaller kilts nights this way too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm up for it Zeytoun! I'm just out in Battleground WA. I'm planning on going to B.C. for the September Kilt night but if you'd like to get together between now and then just let me know. There's an Irish music night every Friday at the Alberta St. Pub and I believe that some of the pipers and folk that frequent the Scottish Country Shop like to gather at The Horsebrass Pub. Just about anyplace would be fine with me though.

Jamie
    Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll see if I can plan to make the Vancouver kilt night in September, and I could give a couple kilters a ride if they're on the way up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikercelt1
    I'm up for it Zeytoun! I'm just out in Battleground WA. I'm planning on going to B.C. for the September Kilt night but if you'd like to get together between now and then just let me know. There's an Irish music night every Friday at the Alberta St. Pub and I believe that some of the pipers and folk that frequent the Scottish Country Shop like to gather at The Horsebrass Pub. Just about anyplace would be fine with me though.

Jamie
    I LOVE the Horsebrass Pub! Scotch eggs - yummy!! I spent most of my free time in the Hawthorne district when I lived in PDX. Too bad I didn't know you guys then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a plan. I sent a couple PMs to the other Portlanders, we'll see what happens with them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like we've got a small kiltnight planned for Tuesday, the 20th of this month at about 7:00 or 7:30pm. It will be a great chance to meet and start planning a regular kilt-night for Portland (one that won't be on a Tuesday night )Location? To be decided upon very soon, but most likely the Alberta St. Pub, the Horsebrass Pub, or maybe Biddy McGraw's. Speak up if you have an opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be able to make the drive south. I received the call for jury duty selection on Mon. and Tues, so only next week will tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we settled on the Horsebrass pub. PM someone other than me for directions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast